Yes, my love of ombre balloons continues but this time instead of stamping, I’ve punched!
Birthdays were the theme of my stamp clubs and class in January and nothing says birthdays better than balloons (well maybe cake!). After two quite technical based cards for my stamp club, I figured the ladies would need a simple but effective card to end the session and that is how today’s card was born. What I love best about this card is that it can be done in any colour scheme as long as you have 3 colours of similar tones. I loved it so much, I made it in two different colour schemes!
To create this card at home:
- Cut a piece of A4 coloured cardstock at 21cm x 14.5cm, score and fold in half
- Cut a piece of A4 whisper white cardstock at 10cm x 14cm
- Using the Stampin’ Up! balloon punch, choose the smaller ballon and punch out 3 balloons of each of the colours you have chosen.
- Add a small white curve to each of your balloons to give them bit of oomph
- Stamp your chosen sentiment at the bottom of your card – I stamped mine twice using the “Let’s Celebrate” stamp from the new Birthday Adventures stamp set. You might choose to stamp your sentiment once in the middle (whatever tickles your fancy).
- Wrap the baker’s twine around the whisper white card base and adhere to the back so that it doesn’t come undone. You can add a bow to the front if you wish.
- Arrange your balloons on the front of the card and then adhere – you can use snail adhesive if you’d like them to be flat, or pop a stampin’ dimensional behind them to make them raised on your card front.
- Once your balloons are adhered to the whisper white cardstock, place some adhesive on the back of the whisper white and then adhere to your coloured card base.
- EASY DONE!
This is a quick card to complete when you’re in a hurry or if you’re looking to increase the number of birthday cards in your stash, then this one is perfect for that too!
Re-create this project at home using Stampin’ Up! products: